Home Security Advice
* Never open your door to unknown visitors. Fit a spy hole or a door chain so you can see who it is before opening the door.
* Don't leave your keys in the inside lock or on a window ledge as a burglar will be able to break the window.
* Remove keys and anything valuable away from view.
* Don't add your name and address on a key tag, if you lose your keys away from home they could fall into the wrong hands.
* Don't tell social media your going on holiday!
* Pebbles/gravel will help keep burglars away as they will alert you if someone is approaching your house.
* Fit blinds to your windows, they are a noisy obstruction for burglars.
* Install an alarm system and change the code regularly.
* Join the neighbourhood watch scheme and display a sticker.
* Cut back on hedges and trees to stop burglars from concealing themselves.