10 Reasons To Buy A Spare Key!
1. Cost saving - Buying a second key from an auto locksmith while you have at least one working key will save you cash. An auto locksmith will normally have less work to do and will not need to gain entry to your car or remove any locks.
2. Peace of mind – Even if you are the only driver and an additional key is not being used, it still makes sense to have a spare car key stored somewhere safe. This removes the worry of losing your key and gives you a backup option if you can’t find your key but know it is somewhere inside the house. If you are are running late you can take the spare key and find the missing key later when you have time. Stress Free!
3. Easier for two drivers – Cars are normally shared between two people and using just one key can increase the risk of the key becoming lost. If each driver of the car has their own key there's less chance of forgetting where the key is, and it could also save time on waiting to meet the other driver to pass over the key.
4. Time saving – If you lose your only car key it could mean you are delayed and likely to miss important appointments or work. It could potentially see you go without your car for over one week. An auto locksmith can normally replace lost car keys within 24 hours but some main dealers will need to order a replacement key from overseas, taking as long as seven days!
5. Convenience – Having a backup car key will save you the hassle of towing your car into a dealers garage or waiting around for an auto locksmith to arrive.
6. Selling - If you’re thinking of selling your vehicle in the future, a higher success rate of selling it if you have two keys included, as this would be additional costs that the next owner won’t need to purchase!
7. Quick cloning – Some car keys can be cloned by an auto locksmith in a matter of seconds. If you lose all of the keys for a Toyota the cost for a replacement is huge as the ECU will need to be removed. Bring your key into our shop and we can read the key to see if it is one that can be cloned.
8. Snapped key substitute – Car keys can bend and snap. If your key snaps into two you will be extremely grateful if you have a spare stored in a safe place!
9. Vehicle security – In the event a car key is stolen, you are then at risk of the thieves locating and stealing your car. But if you have a spare key you can access the car and drive it to a safe location for an auto locksmith to cut a replacement key and deprogram the stolen key.
10. Access keys locked in the car – If you accidentally lock your keys in the car you will have a spare key to unlock the vehicle and retrieve your keys. During the cold winter months thousands of motorists lock their keys inside a running vehicle whilst defrosting the windscreens! Having a spare key will save you both time and cash.
So Call us now on 01227-749494 or visit our shop 10 stanley road, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 5SH to purchase your spare key! You won't regret it!